English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787129191 | 242 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 22 MB
Build scalable, reliable, and cost-effective applications with a serverless architecture
Over the past years, all kind of companies from start-ups to giant enterprises started their move to public cloud providers in order to save their costs and reduce the operation effort needed to keep their shops open. Now it is even possible to craft a complex software system consisting of many independent micro-functions that will run only when they are needed without needing to maintain individual servers.
The focus of this book is to design serverless architectures, and weigh the advantages and disadvantages of this approach, along with decision factors to consider. You will learn how to design a serverless application, get to know that key points of services that serverless applications are based on, and known issues and solutions.
The book addresses key challenges such as how to slice out the core functionality of the software to be distributed in different cloud services and cloud functions. It covers basic and advanced usage of these services, testing and securing the serverless software, automating deployment, and more.
By the end of the book, you will be equipped with knowledge of new tools and techniques to keep up with this evolution in the IT industry.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to form microservices from bigger Softwares
- Orchestrate and scale microservices
- Design and set up the data flow between cloud services and custom business logic
- Get to grips with cloud provider’s APIs, limitations, and known issues
- Migrate existing Java applications to a serverless architecture
- Acquire deployment strategies
- Build a highly available and scalable data persistence layer
- Unravel cost optimization techniques