English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1492057093 | 182 Pages | EPUB | 10 MBLearn how to build a serverless real-world application in the cloud that’s reliable, secure, and scalable. If you have experience building web applications on traditional infrastructure, this comprehensive and approachable guide shows you how to get started with serverless containers on Cloud Run. Throughout the course of the book, you’ll deploy and explore several example applications that highlight different parts of the serverless stack on Google Cloud. Combining practical examples with fundamentals, this book will appeal to both developers who are early in their learning journey and experienced practitioners. You’ll learn about:
- Building a serverless application with Google Cloud Run.
- The fundamentals of containers, and building container images with (and without) Docker.
- Connecting your application with a managed relational database.
- Scheduling background tasks (it’s different on a serverless runtime).
- Managing and defining permissions using Cloud IAM.
- Using a managed Redis database to store session data.
- Making the most of logging, monitoring, tracing and error reporting.
- Recreating your entire project with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform.
- Portability with Kubernetes and Knative Serving.