English | 2017 | ISBN: 978-1786468666 | 358 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 54 MB
Your one-stop guide to the common patterns and practices, showing you how to apply these using the Go programming language
Microservice architecture is sweeping the world as the de facto pattern to build web-based applications. Golang is a language particularly well suited to building them. Its strong community, encouragement of idiomatic style, and statically-linked binary artifacts make integrating it with other technologies and managing microservices at scale consistent and intuitive. This book will teach you the common patterns and practices, showing you how to apply these using the Go programming language.
It will teach you the fundamental concepts of architectural design and RESTful communication, and show you patterns that provide manageable code that is supportable in development and at scale in production. We will provide you with examples on how to put these concepts and patterns into practice with Go.
Whether you are planning a new application or working in an existing monolith, this book will explain and illustrate with practical examples how teams of all sizes can start solving problems with microservices. It will help you understand Docker and Docker-Compose and how it can be used to isolate microservice dependencies and build environments. We finish off by showing you various techniques to monitor, test, and secure your microservices.
By the end, you will know the benefits of system resilience of a microservice and the advantages of Go stack.
What You Will Learn
- Plan a microservice architecture and design a microservice
- Write a microservice with a RESTful API and a database
- Understand the common idioms and common patterns in microservices architecture
- Leverage tools and automation that helps microservices become horizontally scalable
- Get a grounding in containerization with Docker and Docker-Compose, which will greatly accelerate your development lifecycle
- Manage and secure Microservices at scale with monitoring, logging, service discovery, and automation
- Test microservices and integrate API tests in Go