English | 2015 | ISBN: 1783987269 | 168 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 14 MB
A quick-start guide to developing beautiful web applications with the Bootstrap toolkit and Rails framework
Bootstrap is a free, open source CSS and JS framework that helps you create websites in minutes, and Ruby on Rails, or Rails as it's known, is an open source web application framework written in the Ruby programming language. Bootstrap is typically used in Rails applications to design websites and create themes because it comes loaded with predesigned CSS and HTML templates.
The book starts by taking you through web application development in Rails. It teaches you how to set up the Bootstrap framework, and will showcase the true power of your Rails app using Bootstrap's grid system. You will learn about other Bootstrap components and move on to work with modals and carousels. It concludes with the opportunity to test your skills by creating a shopping cart using Bootstrap modals.
What You Will Learn
- Discover how to use Bootstrap in a Ruby on Rails environment
- Use advanced components and plugins from Bootstrap in Rails applications
- Create navigation bars to enable navigation between different views
- Understand Bootstrap's grid system and create page layouts
- Use Bootstrap's typography, buttons, and images in a Rails application
- Design a dummy shopping cart Rails application using Bootstrap