English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788390545 | 430 Pages | EPUB | 61 MB
Blender 3D Printing by Example: Learn to use Blender’s modeling tools for 3D printing by creating 4 projects
Build four projects using Blender for 3D Printing, giving you all the information that you need to know to create high-quality 3D printed objects.
Blender is an open-source modeling and animation program popular in the 3D printing community. 3D printing brings along different considerations than animation and virtual reality.
This book walks you through four projects to learn using Blender for 3D Printing, giving you information that you need to know to create high-quality 3D printed objects.
The book starts with two jewelry projects– a pendant of a silhouette and a bracelet with custom text. We then explore architectural modeling as you learn to makes a figurine from photos of a home. The final project, a human hand, illustrates how Blender can be used for organic models and how colors can be added to the design.
You will learn modeling for 3D printing with the help of these projects. Whether you plan to print at-home or use a service bureau, you’ll start by understanding design requirements. The book begins with simple projects to get you started with 3D modeling basics and the tools available in Blender. As the book progresses, you’ll get exposed to more robust mesh modeling techniques, modifiers, and Blender shortcuts. By the time you reach your final project, you’ll be ready for organic modeling and learning how to add colors. In the final section, you’ll learn how to check for and correct common modeling issues to ensure the 3D printer can make your idea a reality!
What You Will Learn
- Using standard shapes and making custom shapes with Bezier Curves
- Working with the Boolean, Mirror, and Array Modifiers
- Practicing Mesh Modeling tools such as Loop Cut and Slide and Extrude
- Streamlining work with Proportional Editing and Snap During Transform
- Creating Organic Shapes with the Subdivision Surface Modifier
- Adding Color with Materials and UV Maps
- Troubleshooting and Repairing 3D Models
- Checking your finished model for 3D printability