English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789612561 | 658 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 959 MB
Get up and running with Blender 3D through a series of practical projects that will help you learn core concepts of 3D design like modeling, sculpting, materials, textures, lighting, and rigging using the latest features of Blender 2.83
Blender is a powerful 3D creation package that supports every aspect of the 3D pipeline. With this book, you’ll learn about modeling, rigging, animation, rendering, and much more with the help of some interesting projects.
This practical guide, based on the Blender 2.83 LTS version, starts by helping you brush up on your basic Blender skills and getting you acquainted with the software toolset. You’ll use basic modeling tools to understand the simplest 3D workflow by customizing a Viking themed scene. You’ll get a chance to see the 3D modeling process from start to finish by building a time machine based on provided concept art. You will design your first 2D character while exploring the capabilities of the new Grease Pencil tools. The book then guides you in creating a sleek modern kitchen scene using EEVEE, Blender’s new state-of-the-art rendering engine. As you advance, you’ll explore a variety of 3D design techniques, such as sculpting, retopologizing, unwrapping, baking, painting, rigging, and animating to bring a baby dragon to life.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to work with Blender to create impressive computer graphics, art, design, and architecture, and you’ll be able to use robust Blender tools for your design projects and video games.
What you will learn
- Explore core 3D modeling tools in Blender such as extrude, bevel, and loop cut
- Understand Blender’s Outliner hierarchy, collections, and modifiers
- Find solutions to common problems in modeling 3D characters and designs
- Implement lighting and probes to liven up an architectural scene using EEVEE
- Produce a final rendered image complete with lighting and post-processing effects
- Learn character concept art workflows and how to use the basics of Grease Pencil
- Learn how to use Blender’s built-in texture painting tools