English | 2022 | ISBN: 978-1484272077 | 433 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Learn to program with Rust 2021 Edition, in an easy, step-by-step manner on Unix, the Linux shell, macOS, and the Windows command line. As you read this book, you’ll build on the knowledge you gained in previous chapters and see what Rust has to offer.
Beginning Rust starts with the basics of Rust, including how to name objects, control execution flow, and handle primitive types. You’ll see how to do arithmetic, allocate memory, use iterators, and handle input/output. Once you have mastered these core skills, you’ll work on handling errors and using the object-oriented features of Rust to build robust Rust applications in no time.
Only a basic knowledge of programming in C or C++ and familiarity with a command console are required. After reading this book, you’ll be ready to build simple Rust applications.
What You Will Learn
- Get started programming with Rust
- Understand heterogeneous data structures and data sequences
- Define functions, generic functions, structs, and more
- Work with closures, changeable strings, ranges and slices
- Use traits and learn about lifetimes