English | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 1h 57m | 611 MB
Learn how to write bash scripts like a pro & solve real-world problems!
In this course you will be able to create bash scripts with ease. You'll learn how to take tedious and repetitious tasks and turn them into programs that will save you time and simplify your life on Linux, Unix, or MAC systems.
Here is what you will get and learn by taking this Bash Scripting course:
- A step-by-step process of writing bash shell scripts that solve real-world problems.
- The #1 thing you must do every time you create a bash script.
- How to quickly find and fix the most common shell scripting errors.
- For those of you who want to start programming right away, watch the two video shell scripting crash course. If you do nothing else than watch these two videos you'll be ahead of most bash programmers.
- How to accept input from a user and then make decisions on that input.
- How to accept and process command line arguments.
- What special variables are available, how to use them in your shell scripts, and when to do so.
- A shell script creation check list -- You'll never have to guess what to include in each of your shell scripts again. Just use this simple check list.
- A shell script template (boilerplate). Use this format for each of your shell scripts. It shows exactly what to include and where everything goes. Eliminate guesswork!
- Practice exercises with solutions so you can start using what you learn right away.
- Real-world examples of shell scripts from my personal collection.
- A download that contains the scripts used in the presentations and lessons. You'll be able to look at and experiment with everything you're learning.
01 Course Overview
02 Course Downloads
03 Section 1 Introduction
04 Shell Scripting Part I
05 Shell Scripting Part 2
06 Exit Statuses and Return Codes
07 Exit Status Demo
08 Functions, Part I
09 Functions, Part II
10 Shell Script Checklist and Template
11 Introduction to Wildcards
12 Wildcard Introduction, Part I
13 Wildcard Introduction, Part II
14 Wildcards in Shell Scripts
15 Wildcard Scripting Demo
16 Case Statements
18 While Loops, Part I
19 While Loops, Part II
21 More Debugging Tips
22 Scripts Used to Create This Course