English | 2019 | ISBN: 1788839259 | 456 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 109 MB
Over 70 recipes to effectively apply DevOps best practices and implement Agile, Git, CI-CD & Test automation using Azure DevOps Server (TFS) 2019
Azure DevOps Server, previously known as Team Foundation Server (TFS), is a comprehensive on-premise DevOps toolset with a rich ecosystem of open source plugins. This book is your one stop guide to learn how to effectively use all of these Azure DevOps services to go from zero to DevOps.
You will start by building high-quality scalable software targeting .NET, .NET core or Node.js applications. You will learn techniques that will help you to set up end-to-end traceability of your code changes from design through to release. Whether you are deploying software on-premise or in the cloud in App Service, Functions, or Azure VMs, this book will help you learn release management techniques to reduce release failures. Next, you will be able to secure application configuration by using Azure KeyVault. You will also learn how to create and release extensions to the Azure DevOps marketplace and reach million developer ecosystem for feedback. The working extension samples will allow you to iterate changes in your extensions easily and release updates to the marketplace quickly.
By the end of this book, techniques provided in the book will help you break down the invisible silos between your software development teams. This will transform you from being a good software development team to an elite modern cross functional software development team.
What you will learn
- Set up a team project for an Agile delivery team, importing requirements from Excel
- Plan,track, and monitor progress using self updating boards, Sprint and Kanban boards
- Unlock the features of Git by using branch policies, Git pull requests, forks, and Git hooks
- Build and release .NET core, SQL and Node.js applications using Azure Pipeline
- Automate testing by integrating Microsoft and open source testing frameworks
- Extend Azure DevOps Server to a million developer ecosystem