English | 2019 | ISBN: 1788990776 | 584 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 87 MB
A systematic guide to becoming an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
AWS certifications is a must-have for any IT professional working on the AWS Cloud platform. This book delves into real-world scenarios and provides hands-on instructions to help you improve your AWS skills and experience.
The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Guide explains concepts such as deployment, management, and operations of scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS. You will understand how to migrate an existing on-premises application to AWS. As you progress, you will get to grips with selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements. This book will also help you to estimate AWS usage costs and identify operational cost control mechanisms. In later chapters, you will learn about AWS OpsWorks which uses automation platforms such as Chef and Puppet to automate the configuration management of your environment. Finally, the book provides you with tips and tricks as well as mock tests to strengthen your understanding of the topics.
By the end of this book, you will be ready to implement and manage resources efficiently on the AWS cloud and have the confidence to pass the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam.
What you will learn
- Create and manage users, groups, and permissions using AWS IAM services
- Build a secure VPC with public and private subnets, Network Access Control (NAC), and security groups
- Launch your first EC2 instance and understand how to work with it
- Handle app traffic with ELB and monitor AWS resources with CloudWatch
- Work with S3, Glacier, and CloudFront
- Explore event-based processing with Lambda and messaging SQS and SNS in AWS
- Learn AWS deployment concepts and tools such as Elastic Beanstalk and CloudFormation
- Work across distributed app components using SWF