Autonomous Navigation and Deployment of UAVs for Communication, Surveillance and Delivery
Authoritative resource offering coverage of communication, surveillance, and delivery problems for teams of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
Autonomous Navigation and Deployment of UAVs for Communication, Surveillance and Delivery studies various elements of deployment of networks of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) base stations for providing communication to ground users in disaster areas, covering problems like ground traffic monitoring, surveillance of environmental disaster areas (e.g. brush fires), using UAVs in rescue missions, converting UAV video surveillance, and more. The work combines practical problems, implementable and computationally efficient algorithms to solve these problems, and mathematically rigorous proofs of each algorithm’s convergence and performance.
One such example provided by the authors is a novel biologically inspired motion camouflage algorithm to covert video surveillance of moving targets by an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). All autonomous navigation and deployment algorithms developed in the book are computationally efficient, easily implementable in engineering practice, and based only on limited information on other UAVs of each and the environment.
Sample topics discussed in the work include:
- Deployment of UAV base stations for communication, especially with regards to maximizing coverage and minimizing interference
- Deployment of UAVs for surveillance of ground areas and targets, including surveillance of both flat and uneven areas
- Navigation of UAVs for surveillance of moving areas and targets, including disaster areas and ground traffic monitoring
- Autonomous UAV navigation for covert video surveillance, offering extensive coverage of optimization-based navigation
- Integration of UAVs and public transportation vehicles for parcel delivery, covering both one-way and round trips
Professionals in navigation and deployment of unmanned aerial vehicles, along with researchers, engineers, scientists in intersecting fields, can use Autonomous Navigation and Deployment of UAVs for Communication, Surveillance and Delivery to gain general knowledge on the subject along with practical, precise, and proven algorithms that can be deployed in a myriad of practical situations.Homepage