English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789804935 | 222 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 22 MB
Learn how to write automated tests for Dynamics 365 Business Central and see how to implement it in your daily work
Dynamics 365 Business Central is the new cloud-based SaaS ERP proposition from Microsoft. It’s not as simple as it used to be way back when it was called Navigator, Navision Financials, or Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision. Our development practices are becoming more formal, and with this, the call for test automation is pressing on us.
This book will teach you to leverage testing tools available with Dynamics 365 Business Central to perform automated testing. We’ll begin with a quick introduction to automated testing, followed by an overview of test automation in Dynamics 365 Business Central. Then you’ll learn to design and build automated tests and we’ll go through some efficient methods to get from requirements to application and testing code. Lastly, you’ll learn to incorporate your own and Microsoft tests into your daily development practice.
By the end of the book, you’ll be able to write your own automated tests for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
What you will learn
- Understand what automated tests are, and when and why to use them
- Explore the five pillars of the Testability Framework of Business Central
- Design and write automated tests for Business Central
- Make use of standard automated tests and their helper libraries
- Integrate automated tests into your development practice