English | 2017 | ISBN: 1944534585 | 350 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 76 MB
This book lends insight into solving some well-known AI problems using the most efficient problem-solving methods by humans and computers. The book discusses the importance of developing critical-thinking methods and skills, and develops a consistent approach toward each problem. This book assembles in one place a set of interesting and challenging AI–type problems that students regularly encounter in computer science, mathematics, and AI courses. These problems are not new, and students from all backgrounds can benefit from the kind of deductive thinking that goes into solving them. The book is especially useful as a companion to any course in computer science or mathematics where there are interesting problems to solve.
- Addresses AI and problem-solving from different perspectives
- Covers classic AI problems such as Sudoku, Map Coloring, Twelve Coins, Red Donkey, Cryptarithms, Monte Carlo Methods, Rubik’s Cube, Missionaries/Cannibals, Knight’s Tour, Monty Hall, and more
- Includes a companion disc with source code, solutions, figures, and more
- Offers playability sites where students can exercise the process of developing their solutions
- Describes problem-solving methods that might be applied to a variety of situations