English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1789951752 | 426 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 90 MB
Explore Qt Creator, Qt Quick, and QML to design and develop applications that work on desktop, mobile, embedded, and IoT platforms
Qt is a powerful development framework that serves as a complete toolset for building cross-platform applications, helping you reduce development time and improve productivity. Completely revised and updated to cover C++17 and the latest developments in Qt 5.12, this comprehensive guide is the third edition of Application Development with Qt Creator.
You’ll start by designing a user interface using Qt Designer and learn how to instantiate custom messages, forms, and dialogues. You’ll then understand Qt’s support for multithreading, a key tool for making applications responsive, and the use of Qt’s Model-View-Controller (MVC) to display data and content. As you advance, you’ll learn to draw images on screen using Graphics View Framework and create custom widgets that interoperate with Qt Widgets. This Qt programming book takes you through Qt Creator’s latest features, such as Qt Quick Controls 2, enhanced CMake support, a new graphical editor for SCXML, and a model editor. You’ll even work with multimedia and sensors using Qt Quick, and finally develop applications for mobile, IoT, and embedded devices using Qt Creator.
By the end of this Qt book, you’ll be able to create your own cross-platform applications from scratch using Qt Creator and the C++ programming language.
What you will learn
- Create programs from scratch using the Qt framework and C++ language
- Compile and debug your Qt Quick and C++ applications using Qt Creator
- Implement map view with your Qt application and display device location on the map
- Understand how to call Android and iOS native functions from Qt C++ code
- Localize your application with Qt Linguist
- Explore various Qt Quick components that provide access to audio and video playbacks
- Develop GUI applications using both Qt and Qt Quick