English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800569201 | 340 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 27 MB
Explore the world of APIs and learn how to integrate them the production-ready applications using Postman and the Newman CLI
Learn the tenets of effective API testing and API design
Gain an in-depth understanding of the various features Postman has to offer
Know when and how to use Postman for creating high-quality APIs for software and web apps
Postman enables the exploration and testing of web APIs, helping testers and developers figure out how an API works. With Postman, you can create effective test automation for any APIs. If you want to put your knowledge of APIs to work quickly, this practical guide to using Postman will help you get started.
The book provides a hands-on approach to learning the implementation and associated methodologies that will have you up and running with Postman in no time. Complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts, practical examples, and self-assessment questions, this book begins by taking you through the principles of effective API testing. A combination of theory coupled with real-world examples will help you learn how to use Postman to create well-designed, documented, and tested APIs. You’ll then be able to try some hands-on projects that will teach you how to add test automation to an already existing API with Postman, and guide you in using Postman to create a well-designed API from scratch.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to use Postman to set up and run API tests for any API that you are working with.
What you will learn
- Find out what is involved in effective API testing
- Use data-driven testing in Postman to create scalable API tests
- Understand what a well-designed API looks like
- Become well-versed with API terminology, including the different types of APIs
- Get to grips with performing functional and non-functional testing of an API
- Discover how to use industry standards such as OpenAPI and mocking in Postman