English | 2023 | ISBN: 978-1803247656 | 344 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 25 MB
Research, strategize, market, and continuously measure the effectiveness of APIs to meet your SaaS business goals with this practical handbook
- Transform your APIs into revenue-generating entities by turning them into products
- Meet your business needs by improving the way you research, strategize, market, and measure results
- Create and implement a variety of metrics to promote growth
APIs are crucial in the modern market as they allow faster innovation. But have you ever considered your APIs as products for revenue generation?
API Analytics for Product Managers takes you through the benefits of efficient researching, strategizing, marketing, and continuously measuring the effectiveness of your APIs to help grow both B2B and B2C SaaS companies. Once you’ve been introduced to the concept of an API as a product, this fast-paced guide will show you how to establish metrics for activation, retention, engagement, and usage of your API products, as well as metrics to measure the reach and effectiveness of documentation—an often-overlooked aspect of development.
Of course, it’s not all about the product—as any good product manager knows; you need to understand your customers’ needs, expectations, and satisfaction too. Once you’ve gathered your data, you’ll need to be able to derive actionable insights from it. This is where the book covers the advanced concepts of leading and lagging metrics, removing bias from the metric-setting process, and bringing metrics together to establish long- and short-term goals.
By the end of this book, you’ll be perfectly placed to apply product management methodologies to the building and scaling of revenue-generating APIs.
What you will learn
- Build a long-term strategy for an API
- Explore the concepts of the API life cycle and API maturity
- Understand APIs from a product management perspective
- Create support models for your APIs that scale with the product
- Apply user research principles to APIs
- Explore the metrics of activation, retention, engagement, and churn
- Cluster metrics together to provide context
- Examine the consequences of gameable and vanity metrics
Resolve the captcha to access the links!