English | MP4 | AVC 1920×1080 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 2h 33m | 673 MB
Hands-on training with the best features of Android 9.0
Android’s new release comes with a bunch of new features which are powerful and easy to use. These cool new additions help you to extend your apps and develop them more efficiently. This course focuses on the latest features that you as an Android developer will find most useful and worth implementing in your applications. Without wasting much time on introductions, you will get started straightaway with the latest PIE features and put them into practice.
Adopting new features such as display cutout support and rich notifications and animations will allow you to improve the UI experience in your applications. By the end of the tutorial, you’ll be more confident in developing applications based on the new Android features.
This course supplies hands-on training in using the newest features of Android 9 Pie in your Android apps. We go over the latest features of Android 9 Pie, explaining where, why, and how they are used; through a series of simple use cases and demonstrations, we get to grips with using these new APIs, getting you quickly up-to-speed, so that you know what they are and how you can apply them.
What You Will Learn
- Build better applications with the new developer features of Android 9.0 Pie and Kotlin.
- Example-driven explanations of the various new APIs available with Android 9.0 Pie.
- Support for display cut-out, a much-needed feature with newer Android devices.
- Manage notifications, better support for images in notifications, and enhanced notification participants.
- Improve App UI advanced GIF animations through the new AnimatedImageDrawable.
- Enhance your user experience by making use of the new Android 9.0 Autofill features, text enhancements, and accessibility improvements.
1 The Course Overview
2 Setting Up the Emulator
3 Configuring Display Cutouts
4 Integrating Display Cutouts into Your UI
Android Pie Notifications
5 Setting Up Notifications
6 Exploring Notification Channel and Group Settings
7 Implementing Conversation Notifications
Animations of GIF Drawables
8 Loading GIF Resources with ImageDecoder
9 Working with AnimatedImageDrawable
10 Post-Processing of Resources
11 Optimizing Your App for Autofill
12 Creating Autofill Services
13 Setting Up the Emulator
14 Accessibility Layout Attributes
15 Precomputed Text
16 Text Magnifier
17 Text Classifier