English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788991216 | 464 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 88 MB
Build feature-rich, reliable Android Pie apps with the help of more than 100 proven industry standard recipes and strategies.
The Android OS has the largest installation base of any operating system in the world. There has never been a better time to learn Android development to write your own applications, or to make your own contributions to the open source community! With this extensively updated cookbook, you’ll find solutions for working with the user interfaces, multitouch gestures, location awareness, web services, and device features such as the phone, camera, and accelerometer. You also get useful steps on packaging your app for the Android Market. Each recipe provides a clear solution and sample code you can use in your project from the outset. Whether you are writing your first app or your hundredth, this is a book that you will come back to time and time again, with its many tips and tricks on the rich features of Android Pie.
What you will learn
- Develop applications using the latest Android framework while maintaining backward-compatibility with the support library
- Create engaging applications using knowledge gained from recipes on graphics, animations, and multimedia
- Work through succinct steps on specifics that will help you complete your project faster
- Add location awareness to your own app with examples using the latest Google Play services API
- Utilize Google Speech Recognition APIs for your app