English | 2017 | ISBN: 1785288180 | 414 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 10 MB
Learn how to use the Akka framework to build effective applications in Scala
Akka is an open source toolkit that simplifies the construction of distributed and concurrent applications on the JVM. This book will teach you how to develop reactive applications in Scala using the Akka framework.
This book will show you how to build concurrent, scalable, and reactive applications in Akka. You will see how to create high performance applications, extend applications, build microservices with Lagom, and more.
We will explore Akka's actor model and show you how to incorporate concurrency into your applications. The book puts a special emphasis on performance improvement and how to make an application available for users. We also make a special mention of message routing and construction.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create a high-performing Scala application using the Akka framework.
What You Will Learn
- Control an actor using the ContolAware mailbox
- Test a fault-tolerant application using the Akka test kit
- Create a parallel application using futures and agents
- Package and deploy Akka application inside Docker
- Deploy remote actors programmatically on different nodes
- Integrate Streams with Akka actors
- Install Lagom and create a Lagom project