English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785284809 | 428 Pages | True PDF | 10 MB
Master the advanced concepts of PL/SQL for professional-level certification and learn the new capabilities of Oracle Database 12c
Oracle Database is one of the most popular databases and allows users to make efficient use of their resources and to enhance service levels while reducing the IT costs incurred. Oracle Database is sometimes compared with Microsoft SQL Server, however, Oracle Database clearly supersedes SQL server in terms of high availability and addressing planned and unplanned downtime. Oracle PL/SQL provides a rich platform for application developers to code and build scalable database applications and introduces multiple new features and enhancements to improve development experience.
Advanced Oracle PL/SQL Developer's Guide, Second Edition is a handy technical reference for seasoned professionals in the database development space. This book starts with a refresher of fundamental concepts of PL/SQL, such as anonymous block, subprograms, and exceptions, and prepares you for the upcoming advanced concepts. The next chapter introduces you to the new features of Oracle Database 12c, not limited to PL/SQL. In this chapter, you will understand some of the most talked about features such as Multitenant and Database In-Memory. Moving forward, each chapter introduces advanced concepts with the help of demonstrations, and provides you with the latest update from Oracle Database 12c context. This helps you to visualize the pre- and post-applications of a feature over the database releases. By the end of this book, you will have become an expert in PL/SQL programming and will be able to implement advanced concepts of PL/SQL for efficient management of Oracle Database.
What You Will Learn
- Learn and understand the key SQL and PL/SQL features of Oracle Database 12c
- Understand the new Multitenant architecture and Database In-Memory option of Oracle Database 12c
- Know more about the advanced concepts of the Oracle PL/SQL language such as external procedures, securing data using Virtual Private Database (VPD), SecureFiles, and PL/SQL code tracing and profiling
- Implement Virtual Private Databases to prevent unauthorized data access
- Trace, analyze, profile, and debug PL/SQL code while developing database applications
- Integrate the new application development features of Oracle Database 12c with the current concepts
- Discover techniques to analyze and maintain PL/SQL code
- Get acquainted with the best practices of writing PL/SQL code and develop secure applications