English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788837361 | 414 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Learn from the opinions of a UX expert, evaluate your own design principles, and avoid common mistakes.
There are countless books about designing for the web. They all give multiple routes and options to solving design challenges. Many of them are plain wrong. This has led to an entire generation of designers failing to make interfaces that are usable, software that is intuitive, and products that normal people can understand. 101 UX Principles changes that, with 101 ways to solve 101 UX problems clearly and single-mindedly.
The 101 principles are opinionated. They’ll rub some designers up the wrong way, but these principles are rooted in 20 years of building for the web. They’re not based on theory – they’re based on practice. Simply put, they’ve been proven to work at scale. There’s no arguing with that.
Following in the footsteps of Jakob Nielsen and Don Norman, this book is the go-to manual for UX professionals, covering everything from passwords, to planning the user journey. Build a deeper understanding of accessible design and implement tried-and-tested strategies in your company.
What you will learn
- Use typography well to ensure that text is readable
- Design controls to streamline interaction
- Create navigation which makes content make sense
- Convey information with consistent iconography
- Manage user input effectively
- Represent progress to the user
- Provide interfaces that work for users with visual or motion impairments
- Understand and respond to user expectations